I like the idea of sharing some of our favorite freezer meals, so I decided to post a slow cooker freezer meal for you! As with any of the recipes I have already posted, or will be posting in the future – you don’t even have to freeze them. You can just make them right away. This one is a huge hit around here! I found the recipe over at http://www.crockingirls.com/recipes/chicken-spaghetti/ but changed up the ingredients a bit to suit our tastes better.
- 1 ½ – 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken, cubed
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1lb American processed cheese
- 1 1/2c sour cream
- 2 cans cream soup (I usually just use 1 large can of cream of chicken – or you can use your favorite alternative)
- 1/2c milk
- 3 cloves of garlic (chopped or minced – I use ready minced from the produce dept)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spaghetti noodles (though we prefer linguine here)
Dump everything but pasta into a LABELED gallon freezer bag. Mix it up and remove all air. Seal the bag. I double bag this one because the bags are FULL. So, you can label either the inside or the outside bag, but make sure whatever you do, the label is visible. Lay flat to freeze and stand upright to store.
Night before serving, put in fridge to thaw – lowest shelf you can.
To cook it, cook low 6-8hrs in slow cooker. Before dinner time prep the pasta and mix it into the sauce.
Serve with garlic bread/toast/sticks and salad.